Monday, January 30, 2006

Mom's Night Out

I just got back from a mom's group I like to attend. It's always great to get a night out with "the girls"--especially when "the girls" are all moms! Single and childless friends stretch me in different directions, but the moms are always a source of comfortable, enjoyable encouragement.

Tonight's topic was: books! I heard of two new books I can't wait to read, they sounded so good--so thought I'd pass the recommendations on.

The first was highly recommended by three moms tonight. It is A Mother's Rule of Life: How to Bring Order to Your Home and Peace to Your Soul by Holly Pierlot. Read the reviews on the link--it sounds just great! (Kay, don't buy it yet--it's going to be your birthday book this year!!)

The second is To Dance With God: Family Ritual and Community Celebration by Gertrud Nelson. One mom brought it and I thought it looked really good on symbol, ritual and mystery in the traditions of the church year.

What did I recommend? Ahhhh--that shall have to wait for another post! Several books, for which I'll need to look up links and give well-thought-out reasons why they're worth reading. They'll keep.

I need sleep.

No comments: