Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Odds and Ends and Feather Boas

Just a few words of update:

--on Bitty Bantam. After our little trip to the ER a week ago, just to make sure he didn't have any of the biggies like pneumonia, given his history, he's been handling this virus just fine, with help from the nebulizer. He's still congested but on the mend, it seems. Thanks so much to all who have prayed for him.

--on red feather boas. I went shopping, envying the boys' mothers and praying not to have to spend more than about $3, only to find that Party City didn't carry them! But back in the clearance aisle, I found a yard of so of fluffy Christmas ribbon that sure resembles one. Blondechick 13 thinks it will work fine. THEN she tells me that it didn't have to be a boa, they're just supposed to wear black with some red accessory like a scarf or boa. (Not that it would have made a difference--neither of us has anything else that would have worked.) But the ribbon was only $1.49! Thank Heaven for small favors....

--on yesterday's post. Don't worry--I wasn't confessing to anything bigger than garden-variety sins! (Yet, sin is sin.)

--on Valentine's Day contests. I did win in my category...but I have sneaking suspicion that everyone who entered, won. (I'll post my little award icon here when I get the code for it.)

--on blog awards. I was nominated for one recently--"Most Meetable in Real Life." I didn't make the finalist cut, which didn't surprise me in the least, since most of the bloggers in that circle don't know me. In fact, I wasn't even going to mention the contest, except that I'd like to thank whoever nominated me! It was sweet of you...and brought some new traffic here, I'm sure.

--on pictures and returning emails. Why, you may be wondering, doesn't she post some pictures and why isn't she returning emails? (Or--maybe you weren't.) Well, our real computer is in the shop, and my laptop, while it can access the internet, can't access our regular email account or our stored pictures and all the photo software. I miss it...!

1 comment:

At A Hen's Pace said...

Hi Liz--

Nice to meet you! It's funny--I saw a comment you left on DYM (about the blog award "scandal"), and totally agreed with you. I followed the link and got your profile--that's how come I remember you. Glad you found me!

BTW, my daughter just said she loves your shoe.