Saturday, June 03, 2006

Peanut Butter Noodles

This is my new favorite recipe (for me and the kids anyway--haven't tried it on Papa Rooster yet. He's not a peanut butter fan).

I love Thai peanut sauce, and the kids loved this super-easy version as much as I did. (Blondechick 13 and I couldn't stop popping these noodles in our mouths while we were making a salad accompaniment!)

Cook 16 oz. of pasta (any short fun shape; I used whole wheat rotini) according to package directions and drain.

Combine and whisk together till smooth:

1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp. honey
2-4 tbsp. teriyaki sauce (I used 3 tbsp.)
1/2 tsp. ground fresh ginger (I used the minced ginger in a glass jar)
1 cup warm water (I microwaved the whole mixture a little bit)

Toss warm pasta with sauce and consume. Yummy!

1 comment:

Lei said...

Wow, that sounds delicious! Best part - I'd probably have it all to myself since I live with unadventurous and slightly picky people. :)