Monday, March 05, 2007

Five Reasons Why I Blog

Deb at G's Cottage tagged me for this meme awhile back! Here ya go, Deb....

1. Sometimes I need a vacation from being a homeschooling mom of six kids. Writing is like a vacation to me.

2. I like having a record of our family life, complete with pictures. I am terrible at scrapbooking and baby books, but I like to write about my family. It's an added bonus that my extended family can be updated in greater detail and on a more frequent basis than they ever would be if I didn't blog.

3. I like an audience for my writing. I write better and more often for an audience.

4. I like meeting people online, and building relationships (even with real-life friends) through writing. This is not a reason I started blogging, but it's a reason I have continued.

5. I like having a place to record and share the things God is doing in our lives; I pray it is an encouragement to others.

Tag! Why do YOU blog? Or--if this is a better question for you--why do you read blogs? Answer in the comments or leave a link to your post with your answers.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Great reasons. I, too, found that some reasons I am continuing to blog weren't on the radar when I was thinking about starting.

Thanks for sharing.
Deb

tangle said...

I started blogging for a number of reasons - many of which are hazy to me now. After contemplating stopping several times, the thing that has kept me going is what you mentioned about audience. I write better and more often, and the practice and pressure to edit well have been good for me. I'm speaking here of entelechy. NFSC is a family-driven project that has pretty specific purpose beyond any narcissistic need of mine to see words in print (which drives much of my hesitation to continue with E.)