Friday, April 13, 2007

Thinking Bloggers


Okay, I'm a little behind...

Last week, Jenny gave me a Thinking Blogger Award! Here is her lovely, encouraging award post.

And this week, Wendy, awarding me with the same honor, wrote a truly humbling, oh-so-affirming paragraph about why this blog has stimulated her thinking. It is just so amazing to me to see how God has watered the little seeds that I've tossed out here in this blog-garden!

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.


So now I have to name 5 blogs that make me think. Here they are, in no particular order:

1. Mental Multivitamin. I know she's already been given this award multiple times, but I can't in honesty NOT name her. She always makes me think--about reading, thinking, learning and how it all applies to me and our homeschooling.

2. Holy Experience of Listening. I know Ann V. has also been a multiple recipient of this award, but she always inspires me to think--by her creativity as a writer and by the depth of her Christian faith and walk.

3. Inspired by a True Story. Dean Abbott makes me think about lots of issues that relate to teenagers, especially masculinity and femininity and what it means in this day and age--but his posts run the gamut from video games to economic theories to his baby daughter.

4. Sand in the Gears. How did I find Tony Woodlief? I can't remember, but I started reading him before I ever started blogging. He's just such a darn good writer, and funny, a little edgy--and he makes me think. Here's a sample of his thoughts on Christian fiction and cliches.

5. Tonia, formerly of Intent, formerly of Little Old House on the Hill in the Woods, formerly of The Sacred Everyday, currently of Study in Brown! Tonia is a kindred spirit who makes me think deeply about my faith, my family, myself and the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*grin*

ok...maybe I should just get the award for most
utilizing a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

*sheepish smile*

Thank you, Jeanne!!

Mental multivitamin said...

Many, many thanks.

MFS

Anonymous said...

Thank You Very Much, Jeanne.

www.deanabbott.typepad.com