Friday, June 08, 2007

Real Estate

Well, it looks like the Lord is leading us away from "the big house" in Kenosha; it's now unavailable for us to buy.

We're grateful for the clear answer to prayer, but also a bit disappointed. The runner-up is a lot smaller for not a lot less money.

We're hoping something new comes on the market, just as we get a buyer for our house!

I think the Lord probably has everything under control.

We've placed "For Sale By Owner" ads to appear in 2 papers for this weekend: the Trib and the Daily Herald. The realtors are already calling.

We'll give it a week or two--so if the Lord wants to save us $20,000, He can if He wants to. Then we'll probably list it with a realtor friend from church; I'm sure we'll get a lot more showings that way. Our ideal closing date would be July 31, so we don't want to wait too long.

How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

Even the sparrow has found a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young—
a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.

Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
they are ever praising you.
Psalm 84:1-4


Acting Gal said...

Hi there,
I got to your blog through "actressbacktage"
We are currently in the process of selling our house, moving across the country and finding a good house to buy. It is definently in the Lord's hands!

Jenny in Ca said...

praying for you, Hen.