Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Birthday, Papa Rooster

It was yesterday.

Circumstances prevented me from writing a timely birthday post for him. But we did celebrate--the day before, the day of, the day after.

He's already received the private words of love and blessing, written and spoken, from me and the children. Preoccupied as I am with getting ready to start school on Wednesday, I don't know what else to concisely add here except...

He's no longer a prime number.


Every ten years a man should give himself a good kick in the pants. - Edward Steichen

You will recognize, my boy, the first sign of old age: it is when you go out into the streets of London and realize for the first time how young the policemen look. - Sir Seymour Hicks

Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
-Isaiah 46:4

1 comment:

Hen Jen said...

Happy Birthday Papa Rooster! Cute quotes, and I get such a kick out of the prime number thing. My husband is a civil engineer-very math-minded, that is the way he thinks!

many happy returns of the day to your dh!