Friday, September 07, 2007

On Blogging

Thoughts from my friend Tonia:

We are leaving tracks for the ones who come behind. Here in these pages lie our stories, the playbook of our lives: hilarious and humdrum, simple and profound, dull and surprising. Here we testify of what it means to walk out our salvation, to trust in God, to worship in spirit and in truth. It is no small thing to leave behind a witness.


I have never really tried to put into words why I blog, and if I had, I'm sure I would have rambled on a long time before saying anything close to what she said in mere sentences.

But what is it that drives me to share my most personal hopes and dreams, plans and disappointments, in a public forum like this...for all my friends and family as well as virtual strangers to read and judge?

It is the hope that with God's help, the tracks that I leave scratched here will be a testimony of glory to God, a witness of a life lived faithfully.

--What she said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, my friend! May God be glorified.

~Thinking of you today and praying.

elaine@bloginmyeye said...

Um, that's what I meant to say (much more unpoetically) when I called Jesus my bloggin' buddy.