Saturday, November 17, 2007

An Advent Carnival



Do you desire to make your Christmas preparations and celebrations more Christ-centered?

Curious about how a full observance of Advent can lead to a more joyous Christmas celebration?

Would you like to find out how others approach the season of Advent?

Join us on Wednesday, November 28th, here, when I'll be hosting a blog carnival focusing on "Anglican Advent Traditions." We'll be sharing inspiration, information, activity ideas, craft ideas, music and more. Please plan to come for a visit. We pray you'll be encouraged as you begin your Advent observance, or perhaps as you learn about it for the first time.

Bloggers - if you would like to submit a link(s), please email me at the address in my sidebar with your link and a brief summary by noon on Tuesday, November 27th. Feel free to "steal" the graphic above and use on your own blog. (If you have any trouble with that, ask Kerry at A Ten O'Clock Scholar--whose idea this was! Yay!--and she'll send you the graphic file directly.) And please, spread the word on your blogs!

Non-bloggers, if you'd like to contribute, we'd love to hear from you in the comments section when the Carnival opens on Wednesday!

5 comments:

Linds said...

Just a thought... do you make Christingles? I am a member of the Anglican church and we have them here, but didn't in South Africa. If you don't, I can do a guide to how to make them.

At A Hen's Pace said...

Linds--

I have never heard of them. By all means, please share! (Especially if they're something to eat...!)

Jeanne

elaine@bloginmyeye said...

Oh, I desire ALL of these things! I want to purposefully help my kids focus on what lasts. I'll definitely be here.

Amy said...

Thanks for the invitation. I will see what I can write about what we (try) to do here. I'll e-mail when I have more.

Anonymous said...

For years I have sent a post card to my grown children, godchildren and nephews and nieces for each week of Advent.
I buy the blank post cards from the US Post Office.
I draw an Advent wreath on the blank side.
I color in the candle flame for the week.
I shorten each candle per week.
I mail them in time to arrive on Saturday (or Monday) of the first day of that Advent week.
The one year I was too busy to buy, color and send - my oldest nephew wrote and said he missed them. I haven't forgotten or gotten too busy since.
I gather the cards are looked for and posted on the refridgerator.
My art work isn't too grand - a circle of green, four lines (three purple and one pink) candle flames of yellow.

-Katie from Georgia