Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Please Pray

Today our home church of many years is holding a Day of Prayer and Fasting for our dear friend John Fawcett. His cancer has continued to advance since last time I mentioned him, but we are praying intentionally, today especially, for his healing. Will you join us, for just a moment? (Or tonight, if you're local, at 7:30 at All Souls' on Jewel Rd. in Wheaton.)

His wife Margie has been keeping a blog called The Fruitful Vine, where she posts updates on John and her own thoughts on this difficult journey. Her most recent post shows pictures of their family on Thanksgiving Day (they have two small children). You are invited to leave a Scripture or a prayer in the comments there, if the Lord guides you to do so.

There are two services, one this morning and one this evening, which my husband will be leading. He and John are old and dear friends. (He's known John longer than he's known me.)

I was pushed back and about to fall,
but the LORD helped me.

The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.

Shouts of joy and victory
resound in the tents of the righteous:
"The LORD's right hand has done mighty things!

The LORD's right hand is lifted high;
the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!"

I will not die but live,
and will proclaim what the LORD has done.

Psalm 118: 13-17

2 comments:

elaine@bloginmyeye said...

Will do. What time is the service this evening? D.or I might want to attend. I'm so glad you posted this. -e.

At A Hen's Pace said...

It's at 7:30 at your church.

Glad you asked--I should add that info...

Jeanne