Friday, November 09, 2007

What's Up With This?

I've been getting a lot of hits lately (those are visits to this site) by people searching for Mama's Bank Account by Kathryn Forbes. I wrote a review of this delightful little book awhile back.

But tonight, my site meter shows that seven people from seven different states (NY, VA, MS, IL, AZ, TX and "North America") visited me as a result of Googling on this phrase--all between 8:49 and 9:46 in my time zone!

Why would so many people be thinking about the same book at the same time on a Friday night, and all get up to search the internet for a review of it?

Surprisingly, no other Googlers even visited me tonight, except someone searching for a "burping story." And interestingly enough, the two most recent search engine hits before the outbreak of Mama's Bank Account searchers, earlier this afternoon, were also searching on book titles.

Perhaps more people stay home and read on Friday nights than I thought?

Perhaps they all finished the same book, which mentions Mama's Bank Account in its bibliography at the end?

Perhaps an article just came out in some widespread publication, recommending this book? (It's an oldie.)

Does anybody know why there should be a sudden widespread interest in this book?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometime on TV maybe? Just a guess. Or maybe people are working on their Christmas lists. :)

Hen Jen said...

internet surfing can be such a curious thing, my site meter doesn't tell me close to enough what I really wonder about.