Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chicklet5 Speaks


After our camping trip with the little girl in the picture, Chicklet told me, "Mom, while we were camping, I asked E---: 'Will you be my BFF?' "

Laughing in disbelief at how my younger kids pick things up from the older ones (good and bad!), I asked, "Well, what did she say?"

"She said, 'I don't even know what that means.' "

(In case YOU don't, it means Best Friends Forever.)

And in case you're wondering about the knit hat in the middle of July, she was pretending to be a pickpocket in the musical Oliver! (Which her older siblings were in last spring--and which I just realized I never posted pictures from...).

***

Also while camping, as we discussed plans for a campfire after dinner, Chicklet asked, "Are we going to have mushrooms tonight?" (She meant marshmallows.)

***

Mom (pretending, with Chicklet, that we are enjoying chocolate bars): "Do you think pretend chocolate taste like regular chocolate?

Chicklet5: "No, it tastes like air."

***

Impressed by her big brother's strength: "[Bantam17] can beat people up morther."

***

"[When I grow up] I'm going to be a princess with a purse with makeup in it. I'll be a big girl."


Oh, not too fast, sweetie. Not too fast....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh she is a cutie pie --- the one ALWAYS smiling. What a treat! I can't wait to see her.

Hen Jen said...

she is so sweet! I just love the things my little two say, I forget much of it though..need to write it down!