Thursday, January 22, 2009

And That's All She Wrote!

I haven't had time to advance the Love Story any further than where I left off, and I don't know when I'm going to get back to it, because...

This weekend Papa Rooster and I are heading out sans children to a conference a couple hours away! The featured speaker will be author Dinesh D'Souza. We'll be discussing his most recent book, What's So Great About Christianity? Papa Rooster has been hogging it (roostering it?) so I haven't read more than the first two chapters, but they were engagingly written and fascinating.

I called the place where we will be staying and they have wireless internet connection, so I will at least be able to check email while I'm there. And one can hope that I may have scintillating notes to post!

Can you tell I am looking forward to this?

Grandma and Grandpa Rooster will be here with Bantam18, Chicklet 6 and Bantam3. The other three kids will be at Schoolhouse Rock rehearsal on Friday night, sleeping over with friends in the cast (an example of a sleepover exception we'll make when it suits us:), and back to rehearsal on Saturday...then to a birthday party and then they'll catch their ride home.

Next week, we begin dress rehearsals for Schoolhouse Rock Live! on Monday night! Then on Thursday, three shows, Friday, three shows, Saturday, two shows, and on Sunday, the last two.

So you can see, that may be "all she wrote" (on the love story, at least) for a good long while....

***

In other news, we had friends from Illinois here on the Martin Luther King holiday--a mom and her six kids--a family we did some homeschool co-op-ing with two years ago. It was their first time to visit us here and it was so great to spend the day with them. We miss them!!

***

Finally, if you're still reading, a mom in our church just received news that her tumor is probably cancer. Probably curable, she's been told? But still, very disturbing news, and it is a difficult time while they wait for more definitive results.

Thank you for your prayers, if you are so led.

No comments: