Friday, March 27, 2009

7 Quick Takes

1) Last night's meeting went super-well. Praise the Lord!

We had 60 adults and 70 kids, and we received 30 registations already, for the summer camp in July!! The feedback I've heard is all really positive about the meeting and the program.

2) Two more churches that I have talked to about hosting us for classes and rehearsals said no.

3) But there is a chance that one of our "dead" options might come back to life!, since a dozen or so families from that church were at the meeting last night.

4) And I toured another church today that would work for us, for rehearsals at least, and they sound eager to put their unused space to use. So we'll get that ball rolling and see where it lands!

5) My fish, Aladdin II, a very friendly and inquisitive beta, died a horrible death this week, swelling up and changing color toward the end. It was very sad, and I miss him.

6) Blondechick16 gave me her beta, Opal, so I still have a fish in the kitchen to keep me company.

7) I had to take a child to the Emergency Room, for the first time since we moved here. Fortunately, they got us right in at 11 p.m., and we were out by 1:45 a.m. Even more fortunately, Chicklet's alarming quantity of blood in her urine was only a bladder infection, which is responding well to antibiotics!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary.

No comments: