Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday Misc.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Have you sung St. Patrick's Breastplate yet?
***

Today's Scripture thought:

But this is what I commanded them, saying, 'Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people; and you will walk in all the way which I command you, that it may be well with you.'

Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but walked in their own counsels and in the stubbornness of their evil heart, and went backward and not forward. (Jer. 7:23-24)

Lord, help me incline my ear to your voice, and obey it, and walk in the ways you command. Help me not to to trust in my own counsel, or the stubbornness of my own heart; keep me from evil, and lead me forward in your way, not mine. Amen.

***

I recently updated the prayer requests in my sidebar to add our church member Barbara, our upcoming Holy Week services at Light of Christ, and concerns regarding the start-up of the new theater program.

Thank you, all you prayer warriors, for lifting us up!

And don't miss the praise update there, you who have been praying for Christian friends for our teenagers! Bantam13 now has solid friendships with 4 Christian homeschooled boys, three of whom are also 7th graders, and one is a younger brother. Now there is another Christian boy right down the street that he just met at one of the other boys' houses, also a 7th grader at a private Christian school, who is also becoming a friend. One thing they all have in common is skateboarding, and most of their time together is spent constructing ramps and practicing tricks. Several of them play instruments, and they dream of forming a band someday when they're more accomplished. We're hoping a number of them will get involved in theater with us too! It's been a surprising and wonderful answer to that prayer.

***

Finally, I completely forgot to announce the Lenten Blog Carnival, at Homemaking Through the Church Year! If you need a little inspiration here, halfway through Lent, Jessica has got a nice collection of links, and she's added to it in subsequent posts as well. Check it out for some Lenten encouragement.

And if you're in the mood for Lenten humor, I've discovered (by way of Undercurrent of Hostility) a hilarious blog, written by a Catholic nun, called Ask Sister Mary Martha. Today's post will give humorous yet serious encouragement to those who are fasting this Lent--as most of us should be, she says!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey Jeane, I emailed you the monologue I used. Let me know if you don't receive it...