Thursday, October 25, 2012

Every Spare Moment It's Makeup!

So I haven't been able to write a blog post in the past couple of weeks because every spare moment has been consumed by...makeup!









Dress rehearsals for Narnia, the Musical, begin in less than a week. I don't think I've ever had so much makeup and hair to think about for a single show before! I've even chaired the makeup committee for this show when we did it before, but I had a co-chair who was an artist, and he did all the animal face designs. If you think about it, there are only six humans in the whole show.

This time I've also had to order costume pieces that were missing. No Santa wig and beard with the suit? No bull horns with the Bull costume? No headbands or hoods on the animal costumes; you want the kids' hair shaped into animal ears?

Couldn't find any suitable Tumnus horns online--for sale, that is--so I'm going to try to fashion my own with Model Magic. My friend who made them for our other Narnia production sent me instructions--I'm hoping they come out half as good as hers! (And what happened to them, anyway?)

And the emails--trying to communicate and meet with my committee to try out designs, and draft and train teen helpers, and write up instructions for parents, so they can help their kids can do as much of their own makeup and hair as possible....

I am dreaming makeup and hair.

Yep, every spare moment!

No comments: