Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

It has been a habit of mine and my husband's for many years now that on New Year's Eve, we try to reread the previous year's journals. I don't always make it all the way to the present, but reading just 6-9 months of history, prayers and petitions is so faith-inspiring.

There are always things I forgot I asked God for that He granted, or that I realize He is even in the midst of doing. I find questions I forgot I asked, that He has answered--or is answering. Now knowing the outcome, I relive uncertainties that I once faced and see how He met me there--and I am encouraged, in my present circumstances, to wait upon the Lord.

He is so worth waiting for.

1 Corinthians 2:9-12 "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.


Happy journalling in 2006!

No comments: