Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve Entertainment





Cheaper by the Dozen (1950).

(I just recalled a comment made to me by a man who, when our mutual friend introduced me as the mom of 6 kids, said, "Oh, that's a nice starter family." I forget how many he had--double digits, anyway.)

We found this movie really fun. Unlike the newer version, this one is based on the book!

Favorite scene: When Dad goes along with oldest daughter to chaperone her at a dance, she is mortified until Mr. Dreamboat admiringly tells her that when he's a parent, he'll be just like her dad if he has a daughter. "Oh sure, those other girls are fun to run around with," he adds, "but when I'm ready to settle down, it'll be with a girl I can respect!" (Just what Mom said in the previous scene.)

As the parent of a newly teenage daughter, I thought: Score!!

No comments: