Saturday, April 29, 2006

Not to be morbid, but I'm still grieving for our friends' son, who just lost his soon-to-be-fiancee in a crash, and for his mother, my best friend, who suffers much as she watches her son suffer. (Reminds me of Mary.)

It seems that an engagement was even more iminent than I realized. He had recently agreed to purchase a ring from her grandmother's estate to give to Laurel as an engagement ring; now, she'll be wearing it in her casket. He's an emotionally fragile kind of guy--with the sweetest, kindest, most open heart and a tendency toward the blues--and we're worried about him.

My prayer is that he will find in God the strength that he needs right now and emerge from this a stronger man than he was before. It's certainly what she--as well as the rest of us who care about him--would want for him.

3 comments:

tangle said...

I don't think it's morbid at all - simply what is happening in your life and heart right now. As well it should be. I am grieving for the Yorks and their loss, but I know that Rez is rallying around them and they are *all* cradled in God's hands.

Anonymous said...

praying for them all this morning...makes me so sad.

Islandsparrow said...

Yes it makes me sad as well - I am praying for your friend and her son - that they, and all the others so affected by this accident, will find comfort and strength in the Lord.