Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Be sure to visit the 39th Carnival of Homeschooling this week at Palm Tree Pundit!

Anne is the wife of a Navy pilot who gets to homeschool in Hawaii. I like visiting her blog just for a glimpse of the tropics, but she's lamenting that they have no autumn. I'm just not a cool weather gal, though I've lived in the Midwest my whole life, and autumn always makes me sad that warmth and lightweight clothing are on their way out. I sure do enjoy the week or two of beauty that we get each fall--sometimes more if we're lucky--but I bet I could live without it!

Ahem. In a warm climate, that is. (Thinking of my friend Maria in Alaska, and unsure if they have fall in Fairbanks?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama Hen, I am right there with ya on my annual lament during fall! But I didn't grow up in such a cool climate. (I'm here in the same county.)

tangle said...

We get a bit of a fall, I think. I'm still trying to figure out if that's what happened. There was a beautiful few days when everything turned orange and yellow (no red trees up here, I guess.) Now everything is bare, the nights are *COLD*, but the days are still just early-fall brisk. We are bracing for snow, at any rate. :)

At A Hen's Pace said...

Marmee--Okay, I'm trying to figure out if I know you...! If so, I'll need another clue. Or you can wink or something next time we mirl. (Meet In Real Life)

Maria--Snow--ugh. I can't bring myself to put away my summer clothes yet, let alone assess the winter coat situation! Our leaves are just starting to turn. It's been so wet, everything still looks really green. (In fact, I have a miniature rose bush with 19 blooms on it right now--and tomatoes that still haven't turned red!)