Friday, November 10, 2006

Be Insulted

This is just too much fun. I think I'll make my kids memorize a few of these, and then make a new rule that only insults of the Shakespearean variety be allowed in our home.

Thou vain flap-mouthed boar-pig!

[Thine] face is not worth sunburning.

(HT: Mental Multivitamin)

***

That kind of genteel dialogue would sure beat the usual fare around here:

"Mom, [Bantam7] called me 'stupid,' " Chicklet4 shouts at me.

Bantam11, in an attempt to pacify her, says soothingly, "Then HE is stupid. He's stupid, and you're cute."

Chicklet4, mollified: "Actually, I'm pretty."

3 comments:

Hen Jen said...

ooo, neat site! thanks for passing that along.

Jenny in Ca

5KidMom said...

Oy!!! That would surely make the insults heard at my house a little more tolerable; at the very least, a little more tolerable!!!

Unknown said...

I love chicklet's unintentional whit. I remember this excersise in insults from highschool English class. Wonderful. I wish I was there to hear what they come up with.