Sunday, May 06, 2007

Fifth Sunday in Easter

Almighty God, whom truly to know is everlasting life: Grant us so perfectly to know your Son Jesus Christ to be the way, the truth, and the life, that we may steadfastly follow his steps in the way that leads to eternal life; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.


Here WAS the plan for today:

Go to church at Light of Christ in Kenosha.
Look at a house--the bigger one that I haven't seen yet.
Have lunch with friends who live on the way back home.
Go see Spiderman 3 with their family (in lieu of a party, Bantam12 asked to see this movie with their son).

My NEW plan for today:

Take Bantam8 to urgent care for a throat culture.
Pray.
Pack up more stuff.
Keep Bantam2 out of stuff.

Yup, with six days, three dress rehearsals, and two school day performances till the opening night of Seussical, STREP THROAT is going around among the kids in the theater group. And Bantam8 came home from yesterday's rehearsal with a fever and a headache.

And woke up this morning with a throat too sore to swallow.

Lord, have mercy on Blondechick14 and Bantam12, who have big parts! And the rest of us, including me, the makeup lady....

***

I am bummed not to see Spiderman 3 today--we rarely go to movies as a family, for one thing, and for another, it sounds like it's going to be great! Check out this review by Frederica Mathewes-Green--the best Christian movie-reviewer out there, in my opinion. If you want, she'll email her pieces to you whenever she writes one (she writes for National Review Online as well as Beliefnet); just go to her website and sign up. She's one of my favorite writers. I've met her too, and she's as down-to-earth and encouraging in person as she is in her writing.

On the upside, I sure did stall out on the packing last week after my pin removal surgery, so I'm glad for the chance to regroup in that department today. Though I've still got some pain and swelling, I was able to limp around a lot more yesterday without terrible consequences, so hopefully it's downhill from here.

Unless I get strep throat.

Lord, have mercy...!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I'll be praying for you guys!

Donna Boucher said...

Be well.

Amy said...

Praying for health (and quickly)!

Thanks for the link to the Spiderman review. I may make a point to send Adam this week.

Anonymous said...

Hi. We'll be praying for the whole family. Also wanted to let you know that my sister Emily just did Seussical last year and was the same part as "blondechick" and the makeup was good so maybe she would send you pix if you want (emilygoo@gmail.com).
Blessings,
Hoskins all

Anonymous said...

I have to say that my husband and I saw Spiderman III this weekend for a date and it was terrible. We not only disliked the movie (which we'd been looking forward to for awhile) but had a terrible movie-going experience, including a teenager with a red laser pointer in the back row (which, admittedly, may have contributed to our opinion of the actual movie). Sorry, but I had to add my opinion. ;) Now I'll have to read Frederica's review.
Taryn