Saturday, July 21, 2007

Coronation Scene

Well, I hope you're not all totally bored with Narnia pictures, but I saved a few more shots for this, the final weekend.

Last night was our last performance as an entire family--Papa Rooster and Blondechick14 are DONE. "Now I can forget all those lines and all those lyrics!" Papa R. said with satisfaction this morning.

The rest of us have two more shows--tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Then we strike the set and party with the whole cast! Props will be raffled off and our boys are already scheming to get certain objects, like Edmund's mace.

We were delighted that my brother and his family visiting from Kansas this week were able to see us all in the show. The cousins have had great fun together, including comparing notes on Seussical productions--turns out my 9-year-old niece was in it recently too. (Seuss is being staged everywhere, I think! I certainly get my share of Google hits from all over.)
















This is a favorite shot--isn't it great? That's my husband as Aslan, our daughter as Susan and our son as Edmund. They've just defeated the White Witch's army and are now sitting on the four thrones at Cair Paravel. Aslan crowns each one and sings, "Now the real adventure starts...."

Papa Rooster used this as an illustration a few weeks ago in a sermon on the beginnings of the church in the book of Acts. Isn't it exciting to think that our redemption is only the beginning of a great adventure? What a mission God has given His church!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm not tired of the Narnia posts! :) They've been great.