Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mrs. Macready

And (squirming with embarrassment) here's the picture you've all been waiting for. Just to prove I was really in the show with my family, here's me as Mrs. Macready in the first scene at Marbleton Manor.

See the hat on the stage? Edmund knocks it off Lucy's head in a little tiff, which the Professor tries gently to stop, but I end decisively with a loud "STOP!" The Professor exits in search of tea and chocolates, giving me permission to "expand on that idea."

I begin by demanding that Edmund pick up the hat. "And don't scuff your feet on waxed floors. Lift...LIFT!" I order shrilly (the moment pictured). I give the rest of my lines with my best mean, disdainful, children-are-such-little-beasts face.

I got a few laughs every night, so I guess my first-ever speaking part went pretty well! Maybe next time I'll get to try a part that is more of a stretch for me. ("You want me to yell at children?" I asked early on. "I think I can do that....")

2 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like fun!! :D

Hen Jen said...

so glad you shared this with us!!