Thursday, January 24, 2008

Filling In

I've been barely able to read any blogs lately, but I hate to miss Ann V's!

If you've never heard of the ancient method of intaking Scripture called Lectio Divina, she has written an inspiring, compelling explanation.

She's also got me contemplating a new word: eucharisteo.

And she knows how I've been feeling for the past couple of weeks--so overwhelmed:

Like every mother, I am in way over my head. The depths plunge deep and dark, and I am a helpless cork bobbing about the smashing waves, breathlessly trying not to panic. It is like my soul cannot touch bottom.

...How to hold to the Rock in the midst of everyday storms? “Prayer is the most concrete way to make our home in God,” writes Henri Nouwen. When I pray, I intimately know the crevices of the Rock, the texture of its surface, the immensity of its steadfast character.

Thanks, Ann. I really needed that post!

1 comment:

Hen Jen said...

That was great! Thanks for sharing the link, just beautiful.