Thursday, January 24, 2008

Further Obstacles to Blogging

My faithful laptop--the one Papa Rooster bought for me when Bitty Bantam, age 5 weeks, was hospitalized for 2 weeks with RSV and severe pneumonia, so that I could write email updates from the hospital room--has breathed its last. And gone to heaven, I'm sure.

Actually, that's not the final word. I still need to see what its maker would charge to fix it. But the technician who looked at it and told me what he would have to charge me to fix it, argued strongly in favor of putting that money toward a new one with a 3-year warranty. He likes Dell, and Dells certainly are affordable, so after a few days of dithering, I did the deed and dallied with Dell on the phone for awhile--

--and now I am eagerly awaiting one of these. In this color.

"Pink?" Papa Rooster asked, disbelievingly. "You ordered a pink laptop?"

"It will make me happy," I explained. "I also considered Ruby Red, and thought long and hard about Espresso Brown, for some reason. But then I realized: Flamingo Pink will make me happy every time I pull it out."

"I guess you're not planning on sharing it," he grumbled good-naturedly. (He has his own for work.)

No. No, I guess I'm not.

...But I hope he'll share his this weekend!

5 comments:

Islandsparrow said...

I have a Dell too - also with a 3 year warranty - but not in a subdued grey rather than cheery pink.

I never even thought of getting a coloured laptop.

Smart girl to get pink!

Islandsparrow said...

oops

I mean in a subdued grey...

I'm keeping you folks in prayer - following the list on your sidebar.

Amy said...

I am green with envy.

Hope you enjoy your pink computer!

Anonymous said...

Pink Rocks!

Amy Silvestri

Hen Jen said...

I agree, pink rocks! So very cool, can't wait to see a photo of you with it!