Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Scripture Thoughts for Today

These are the verses that jumped out at me today:

But my people have changed their glory for something that does not profit...my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living water, and dug out cisterns for themselves, cracked cisterns that can hold no water. (Jer. 2:11,13)

And because we still haven't heard what happened with Bantam13:

Hear my cry, O God, and listen to my prayer.
I call upon you from the ends of the earth
with heaviness in my heart;
set me upon the rock that is higher than I. (Psalm 61:1-2)

For God alone my soul in silence waits;
truly, my hope is in him.
(Psalm 62:6)

I have often tried to dig my cisterns for myself...but in this difficult circumstance, by God's mercy, I am sustained by the fountain of living water!

No comments: